Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Are there really only 24 hours in a day?

August 25, 2009

Soon after I posted my last blog I completed the first chapter in The Grapes of Wrath. I was so proud of myself. Although it is probably the shortest chapter in the book, I had finished a chapter! That was also when I decided to go online and order a CD of the book so that I could listen to it in the car rather than reading the book. The car seems to be the only place where I have uninterrupted time. Some good friends commented on that blog and encouraged me to keep going (or choose a shorter book - good thinking, Susan!). Thanks, everyone! Now, several days later, the book is still in the same place on the couch because my "real" job takes up way more than 8 hours a day and I haven't had time to get back to Steinbeck. The CD has several holds before my name comes up, so I will keep plugging along, on my days off. There's also waterpolo practice, a sick child (boo-hoo, Analisse), the "other" part-time job, laundry, dinner (thanks, Mark)...Who decided on a 24-hour day anyway?

In the meantime, to those of you who are following my blog, pass it along. Anyone who has written a screenplay will certainly be welcome advice.


1 comment:

  1. I also got the audio version of the book when I "read" it. While it is an efficient way to make progress, I'm sure I slept through half of it. Books certainly read differently than they sound on tape or cd. In any case, keep pluggin along!

    ReplyDelete