Sunday, August 16, 2009

A million thoughts in my head

August 16, 2009

Up at 6 a.m. this morning and can't sleep. I have (what I think are) some GREAT ideas! Funny, I don't know anything about film making and really haven't seen too many movies and have read NO scripts, but seem to have an innate sense of what I want to do. I prepare scenes in my head, camera angles, blurring, panning, tear drops falling on a hand, walking up stairs, suitcases, balconies. Inspired, for sure. Crazy, probably. Ahhh, going to church today, so writing will have to wait. I’m frustrated by that, but need to clear my head anyway.

After an uneventful day, I plop on the couch around 3 p.m. I knew that, with the frenzied past few days, I would eventually crash and burn. As soon as I close my eyes, I get a call from Dino with more wild information on screenplay writing. "Take the important steps of identifying genre, protagonist, antagonist. Complete the beat sheet." He suggests a log line. Great stuff. Again, too much to think about. I am reinvigorated. Thanks, Dino.

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting concept--to write a blog about the actual process of learning to write a screenplay! Best of luck, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Dino person sounds brilliant! So happy to be in the loop on this one. How I do love a good puzzle. Buona fortuna! dp

    ReplyDelete